Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Blessings


Christmas turned out to be a wonderful and joyous day! We pretty much repeated last year's agenda. I was wondering how it would all turn out with Tyler not feeling the best. Poor kid...the ear pain from having his tonsils out have been terrible to say the least, making him (and his mama!) having sleepless nights. Thankfully Christmas made him feel better or at least allowed him to focus on the new toys and not the pain.
I had to wake them up this year! They both were so tuckered out, that around 8AM, I was wondering if anyone was going to awake in this house! Tyler was the first to join me downstairs and flashed a big smile when he saw all the toys, but his first question was "did Santa eat all the cookies" and he was excited that Santa did and that he left Tyler a personal note! Tyler hurried to get Cassie & dad up and we all opened gifts in record time, esp. Tyler. He could get them all opened much faster than his sister, who delicately open each gift, making sure she didn't rip the paper!
We had grandma and grandpa Bohnert over for dinner; Brian too! I'm pleased to announce that it turned out delish again! They all had to go home in time for evening chores, however Brian stayed to play with the kids. I think Tyler wore him out (gosh I wish I had my camera), I found them playing a board game and when I peeked on them, Tyler said "I won mom" and I had to chuckle because Brian was fast asleep, so no wonders Tyler won! Ha!
This year's Christmas had a lil' different tone to it. Not just because Tyler wasn't feeling his absolute best, but because my father is still in the hospital (but out of ICU!). I feel blessed that he has made great progress in the last 10 days, but still...its not the same. AND...my mother is back in the hospital with phenomena. Continue to pray for them both, please! This all makes me a lil' teary eyed, huggin' those that were around me a lil' harder and a lil' longer, and yes, it made me a lil' nicer too!

Life's too short to act
any differently.













The Jersey kids enjoy gifts from Santa!













The boys check out Tyler's new TRANS FORMERS!

















Some of Tyler's new favorite toys. The HULK and a JD round baler.












Cassie is exhausted after opening gifts!













Game time!












Tyler loves his new spiderman laptop (just like moms!). Gee, I wish mine had cool spelling games like spiderman does!






Cassie LOVES her princess dress-up clothes!
Even though everyday she looks like a princess!
Kids can barely keep their eyes open later in the day! "NO nap they insist," but I'm happy to report they went to bed early and slept good. So did I!
The kids left a note for Santa to thank him for what they got!

No comments: