Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Princess Bed

It's official. Cassie is no longer a baby. She moved out of her crib and into a big girl bed, which she calls her 'princess bed.' We had picked out the furniture and bedding a few months ago, it arrived the weekend before we left on our trip out west. We figured we'd deal with assembling it later. Well, Cassie decided to play escape artist last night and climbed out of her crib, so the assembly project that we had put on the back burner, suddenly became urgent!

Assembly accomplished! And, I'm happy to report going to bed in her big girl bed was smooth sailing tonight. Tomorrow could be a different story.
I'll admit, no surprise, I shed a few tears. How could I not? My lil' girl is growin' up!
Cassie reads books in her new big girl bed!
Who's hidin' in that big bed?
A sleeping beauty! Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Ash said...

wow! You have been buys posting since I last looked! Wish I could have talked with you some more when at the meeting the other day...Noah got a little squirmy. How is your dad doing now? I shed a few tears just reading about the joys and trials of the holidays. I lost my grandfather 8 years ago thanksgiving day. I hope that he is recovering in a way that only Christ could bring to remind of his goodness. Thanks so much for the encouragment with Noah's speech. Although we still have no idea what he is saying some of the time, his use of language has increased so much, sometimes I almost want him to be quiet! Anyways, have a Merry Christmas.
Ashley