Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Blessings

Yes, it’s true, I'm a year older and really couldn't be happier. Tyler informed me that I was getting "very old mom" and when I told him I was 32, he was responded with "thirty-two, what?, that's a high number." It just makes me smile! My life is very blessed and it was refreshing on my birthday to get the simple reminders of how blessed I am.

Thank you to all my friends & family for the friendly calls, emails, cards and gifts on my birthday. Yes, I'll admit it, it feels GREAT to have a lil' pampering and self indulgence!

I didn't do anything extra special today, but it made me reflect on past years and what all I have. Of course, teary-eye K broke down. How could I not? The love that I'm surrounded with can be overwhelming. I have everything I've ever wanted, plus more! My heart is full and that feeling on any day, but especially on your birthday makes you feel like your life is um, complete!

This Veteran's Day baby celebrated in-doors with a delish dinner. An ol' fave (love the smoked-alder rigatoni chicken recipe Megs!) graced our dinner plates tonight, along with some of K's favorite things....strawberry shortcake and I couldn't resist chillin' the wine. Loved the Octoberfest wine from Galena. No worries, the Jersey kids clinged their milk glasses along as we toasted mom's birthday. We said grace, all four of us ate at the same time (can't remember the last time this has happened); Cassie sang happy birthday; Scott gave tubs to the Jersey kids and this ol' mama got to soak in a bubbly tub with the rest of the wine. Kids went to bed extra early tonight. All in all what a wonderful day...I'm one HAPPY girl and it feels gooooood to be the birthday girl!

2 comments:

Gerben en Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerben en Julie said...

Happy birthday!happy to hear you had a great day!
Julie