Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grandma Michelle

In early June my mother was back in the hospital with phenomena, so I decided to make a mad-dash across the country to visit her (ugh, encountering too many airlines problems to discuss in this blog, but we made it, nearly 14 hrs later than plan). Cassie came in tow while the boys kept busy on the farm back at home in E. Moline. My mother wasn't doing very well, but thankfully her strong will or stubborn ways, whichever you'd like to call it, kept her fighting and allowed her to rebound. Her hospital visit was shorter than last and we got to spend time with her and other Davidsons during our week stay out there. To be honest, it was probably my best visit with my mother. We reminisced about ol' times, she shared some of her newest recipes with me, she even made me a Lemonade pie while she was hooked up to oxygen and used a walker, she gave me parenting advice and just talked about the latest and greatest headlines in the news. I loved it and love her. Saying goodbye, well its never easy, but perhaps this time, it was especially difficult. I keep prayin' for her and she keeps fightin'.

Of course I loved seeing the boys back at the Quad City Airport (Cassie did too). We were gone a week, but you'd think it was longer than that. We missed one another terribly. Funny how the boys easily adapted to bachelorhood...and stayed up to watch Jay Leno, Ty camped out in our bed and whats for dinner, well, you can better believe it didn't include a vegetable! Way to go dad!

No comments: