Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Portland, Maine

The month of June has flashed by way too quickly, especially considering I've been coast to coast this month. I just got back from a business trip to Portland, Maine, a place I've always wanted to go to. Unfortunately, the schedule didn't allow for me to tow along any family members along, but I was able to take time & venture out in New England.

The forecast, unfortunately, was fog, rain & muggy. Whew! Of course the day I flew back was when the sun decide to make an appearance (isn't that how it goes?). I was able to enjoy the sites, walked everywhere, including to many CUTE, CUTE shops in P-town (Maine that is); ventured out to the wharf, saw the ships; enjoyed much seafood (yum), including a delish lobster & clam back at York Country Club. We ventured down to Kennebrook, Maine and I was in awe. The homes are indescribable--built in 1800's, many include a carriage house and the starting price is a cool $1.5 mil.

The conference was great, the networking even better. Love catchin' up w/ ol' friends across the country. We have so much more in common than our communication careers. BUT...it made me miss my family. Thanks sweet Scott for takin' care of the home fort, again! The kids did great, Tyler was able to help mow hay, grind feed and go on a trip with grandpa Jim. Cassie enjoyed some good time with Grandma Wanda. Awe, thanks for helpin' out Bohnert clan.

I plan to make a trip back to Maine with family in tow. Next time the agenda will include whale watching & venturing up to Prince Edward Island & Novia Scotia. One can dream!

Ships in the wharf.

Maine lobster was my dinner...and it was delish!

Kennebrook, Maine. This was the "wedding cake" house.

No comments: