Friday, June 20, 2008

Five Years Later

Five years just flew by! I guess we were busy to say the least, but lookin' back we'd change NOTHING. We are blessed and we are thankful! Amen!

Lookin' back its really easy to recall all the good moments in our lives (too many to list). Obviously, after saying "I do" giving birth to our two amazingly beautiful children easily tops the list. But its all the "in-between" moments that just flash by too quickly that makes you want to freeze your life (or your kids) and soak it all in.

So, we did just that to celebrate this year. We slowed down & enjoyed each other, something we aren't quite used to. I believe this is the third overnight trip away from our kids ever...and this time we traveled north to a cute lil' town, Galena, IL and celebrated our five year wedding anniversary.

At first we kinda stared at each other, like "what are we supposed to do now". We get so lil' time away from the kids, we dont really know how to act. We quickly figured it out! I had a spa afternoon lined up (fresh pedi, love it & facial, love the almond treatment, it did leave me with a glow). Scott opted not to join me and relax back at the villa. Too cute that I came back to him watching Little House on the Prairie. I had to chuckle...out of all the stations, that's the one he found! Love it. Love him.

The next day we enjoyed Galena shopping, mostly the antique stores, then spent a good chunk of the day in the countryside (I guess thats where we feel at home) wine tasting. We decided to work off some of the wine & cheese and went paddle boating (no fear, we didn't capt size, but ventured out further than I cared) for a lil' while in the late afternoon. Later on, we used the full kitchen & grilled crab legs, twice baked potatoes and shrimp and clinged our glasses to Merlot in celebration! Lookin' forward to many, many more memories & many, many more years babe!
Beautiful Jo Davies County, Illinois
Wine tasting at Galena Cellars. Scott made a new friend, Ziggy the dog.
Toasting to a Washington bottle of Merlot (love the tractor on the label).

1 comment:

Ash said...

So, that is cool that you guys just celebrated your fifth anniversary. Matt and I are going to have our fifth on the 26th of July. Pam told me today that you sent a book to me via her address. The postal worker will probably just deliver it here (that is what they usually do:)) Fun to be able to keep up with you guys and get to know you better through your blog.