Monday, August 4, 2008

Pickin' Corn

This rookie Jersey mama has never picked corn. Crazy, I know, but remember I'm not from Illinois! So, Scott decided to break me and the kids too...with some down home fun, pickin' corn from a family friend (who has more corn than he knows what to do with!). So wish I had my camera with...the kids were all giggles and seriously hard at work. Tyler happily reported his findings, "Dad, got another big one, it has black hair on it." For those of you that don't know...that means its good to pick!

Tonight Cassie & I tended to the harvest in the kitchen. A good excuse to crank the tunes, put the aprons on and get out the electric knife! Where was the youngest Bohnert man during the labor, "sorry mom but cartoons are callin' my name!"

xoxo!
A few pics follow!
!
Cassie helps fill up the bag o' corn.

The Bohnert girls in their aprons!
Cassie pulls up a chair and helps shuck corn!

No comments: