Monday, May 12, 2008

GOD speaks


Isn't God wonderful? As many of you know, my mother is very sick. She made a mad-dash to the hospital last Monday, and later on, we found out if she hadn't gone, she would of been dead. She was diagnosed with Advanced Lung Disease and has pneumonia. Its really hard being this far away with a sick loved one. Thankfully, nearby family was able to flock in and be with her during this difficult time.

Its really hard knowing that she might not of made it. I had a trip lined up to western Iowa to visit some farms. The windshield time was excellent healing time for me...and in the middle of Iowa, I looked up in the sky and thought God was speaking to me. So, I stopped and took a picture of this to remind me that God does take care of us all. I love Him and love her. I'm so thankful that she is home now. For those of your reading this, please keep her in your prayers.

Dear Mom:
Thank you for always being there for me, I appreciate it more than you’ll ever realize. You have always been the sounding board & confident that I needed. You are my cheerleader, my mentor and my friend—and I’ll always cherish that.
Please know that I have so many great memories of you. From making birthdays and holidays extra special with your personal touch. I loved the homemade decorations for the tree and the Manhattan sandwiches for my birthday lunch. I love all your cooking and baking! I ravished when you would complement me on how I wore my hair braided or when I would wear a nice outfit. Your approval and complements mean so much to me. I loved that you stayed up with me burning the midnight oil, finishing whatever homework project was due the next day or cramming for that algebra test. Thank you.
I appreciate you making me TOUGH with a capital T—it has helped me deal with life’s difficulties. When I think of how challenging it is raising two kids, with a husband who farms full-time, I just think of you mom, and wonder how the heck you did it with six children. Then, I tell myself to suck it up and just do it, and I do.
AND, I loved that my personal and work successes have been yours. I remember how excited you were when I gave birth to both Tyler & Cassie that I could feel your heart swell. I loved that even when you felt terrible when we’d come visit, you’d play with the kids, even when you were hooked up to the oxygen. I really love that my kids’ success is personally yours. You were so proud when Tyler really took off with his speech and started to talk.
Mom, thank you. Thank you for showing me what it means to be a great mother. I hope I can do half the job that you’ve done with my own children. Above all mom, know just how deeply I love you!

xoxo!

No comments: