Monday, December 17, 2007

Go Away Bugs

Its that time of year...bugs just don't wanna go away, esp. when the two youngest members of the household go to day-care. Kudos goes out to dad again, as he played Mr. Mom last week while I was off in meetings in Minnesota. He had attempted to make the most of his evening solo with the kids. The trio went to the grocery store and bought $62 worth of baking supplies (yikes, I know!). The cookie baking process was more like a science experiment, esp. considering dad had never made cookies before. (I still don't understand how this is possible, but I'm trying to remind myself that I grew up with mother Michelle...who loved to bake & was pretty darn good at it...and I'm one of five girls in the family). Anyhow, dad & Tyler put all the ingredients in one bowl, yes that right folks, dry & wet all together & tried to mix it. Ha ha. I bet it was a sight to be seen.

Back, to the poor kids being sick. While the boys were experimenting with baking cookies, Cassie was in bed. Dad decided he'd better check on her...and found out that she had gotten sick all over the crib, but was fast asleep. So, he got to appreciate some of the not-so-fun moments that many moms get to deal with. No worries, he did call me around 10PM, to assure me that he and Tyler did succeed making one batch of cookies, got Cassie bathed and cleaned up (her bed too) and was on his third load of laundry!

Predictably, the flu bug was relayed from one member to the next in this Bohnert household. Hopefully, we can get healthy in time for Santa.

Cassie, trying to rebound from the nasty flu-bug, sleeping on the sofa!
Five days later, the bug lands on Tyler, forcing him to camp out in the bathroom.

No comments: