Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas II

How blessed are we? VERY, to say the least. I think this time of year, its easy to get caught up in the craziness and busyness of the holiday season that you loose sight of what Christmas is all about.
AND...I have to admit that this time of year, I really miss my family, especially my mother. Mom just knew how to make the holiday so very special to each one of her children. From homemade cookies, to homemade ornaments and decorations to stuffing our stockings after we went to bed, well past the "Santas" years. AND...now that I'm a mother, I have big Santa shoes to fill. How fun is it to play Santa? Writing that Santa letter; making those cookies where more powder sugar is on the floor than on the cookies; to reading Christmas stories and stuffing those stockings. Its the best feeling.
Well, almost the best feeling. When Christmas day arrived, "so lovely in white", Tyler made his way downstairs and the pure excitement was heard throughout the household. "SANTA CAME. HE BROUGHT US PRESENTS. LOTS OF PRESENTS. COME ON EVERYONE. GET UP!" Thats the best feeling.
AND...our day was pretty layed back. Opening gifts, playing with the toys (after the hours of figuring out how they work and if we had enough batteries for everything), and having Grandma & Grandpa Bohnert over for Christmas dinner (thank goodness the prime rib and sides were delish). I think I even saw a tear in Grandpa's eye, seeing his grandson play with a similar race track that his own son had played with many years ago. The three generation Bohnert men spent much time racin' NASCAR style with Tyler's new toy from Santa.
Merry Christmas. We sure hope that 2008 treats us just as well as this year did.






































No comments: