Thursday, May 17, 2007

The best job in the world


Although I do love my job at Swiss Valley Farms, and perhaps this is the best fit for me in my professional world, I would have to say that the best job in the world, hands down is being a mom. AND, although this mother's day wasn't the pamerping some might get, it was another kind reminder that God has blessed me so much. Lil' things go a long way! Since we had a long day on Saturday in southern Illinois, the kids & I got to sleep in until 8:00 a.m. How refreshing! Then, Tyler helped me make scrambled eggs and toast. Watching his deterimination and focus while cracking the eggs was simply priceless. So when I had to pick through a few broken shell pieces while eating my eggs, I just smiled and graciously said thank you to Tyler for helping make me breakfast.
I think I've became more patient in my "old age". In between changing constant dirty diapers or cleaning up spilled milk or dealing with a three-year old tantrum, I find myself taking deep breathes. AND, when the kids are behaving and not so demanding (bath time, play time, etc.) I'm in full amazement at how blessed I am. How can such little people have so much love? When they tell you I love you or thank you, its not because the feel like they have to...its becaues they mean it. AND, that feeling on mother's day or any day of the year, is priceless. So here is saluting the best job in the world...for any and every mother out there! How blessed are we?

1 comment:

loggerwife said...

WHat great pics thanks for sharing them you are a great mommy! miss you guys more than you'll ever know. Hope you are enjoying the memorial day weekend!
Love, MEgs