Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...and she's off to pre-school


How is it possible that my daughter is old enough for pre-school? I don't know where the time went because to us she has and will always be the baby...but she is all grown-up and headed off to pre-school this morning.

It's been cute! Tyler has talked to her all summer about how fun pre-school is, what the classroom rules are and what fun activities and learning exercises are done. They would sit in each other bedrooms talking forever about it. Too cute!

Tyler wanted to help send her off. :) I had a pretty dress picked out, but she insisted that she was old enough to pick her own outfit out, and picked out shorts and a tank-top. Its summer after all. At least her socks matched; she is notoriously known for her love of mis-matched socks!
Cassie immediately met many friends. All the older girls wanted to take care of her, held her hands and I was old they were inseparable all morning long. Holding hands, giggling, playing babies together and they helped her with writing her name. Cassie is in heaven! She loves to be doted on!

Okay, I'll admit it! I shed a few tears. How could I not? Its my baby girl after all. She gave me a love and a kiss and waved good-bye and I know she is in great hands, but I'll miss my girl! Its tough watchin' 'em grow-up! It happens too quickly.

No comments: