Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The graduate

Tyler graduated pre-school last week and of course, this Jersey mama cried! I didn't plan on it, but seeing him in his cap and gown, brought on tears. All grown-up! Its like a quick reminder of how fast they grow up--or at least for Tyler, it was way too quick for my liking.

I am so proud (if you didn't know that) of Tyler and all of his accomplishments. He is SO READY for kindergarten. He'll tell you that, so will his teachers, but both me & his father will contest to that too. His maturity, language, confidence has bloomed this past year--in spades. He is smart, creative, intuitive and ready to learn at the next level. It makes my heart melt!

So, hear his saluting you, Tyler Bohnert, my pre-school graduate.

BTW, kindergarten can't come quick enough. Tyler wasn't thrilled about the whole graduation ceremony. I think this is a common problem for Ty! He will be the one to skip out of his high school graduation and already be on a plane destined for his summer fun! He definitely didn't like wearing the gown. "I am NOT a girl. I don't wear dresses." Considering his father laughed at this remark, its surprising he kept it on long enough to get his diploma!
Tyler hiding in the backrow.
Not smiling!
Proud of his diploma though!
The gown comes off...and he flashes a goofy smile! Better than the beat-me-up scotty look he sported during the ceremony.

No comments: