Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A New Chapter

The recession hit home a lil' too close for comfort last week--as I was let go from Swiss Valley Farms. The last seven years have treated me well in my professional work world. I got to see a lot of the Midwest farmlands, met a lot of good, wholesome farmers, took a lot of pictures of both and had the fine opportunity through journaling and photography to tell their stories. I feel blessed for that great opportunity. Many of those farmers became good friends of mine. I'm thankful for that. In the industry world, I was just as fortunate to have made some really good friends--that will last longer than my career at Swiss Valley did.
Now onto the next chapter. Although I don't know what it brings, I really don't fear whats next--I embrace it. For now, I get the grand opportunity to spend more quality time with my children and I really feel this a true blessing. This summer we will play together, sharpen our pre-school and kindergarten skills and break our show calves to lead. We will get to work aside Scott, which is an opportunity that will mold us as a family.
For those individuals that I won't see on a daily, weekly, monthly basis or even as often as I would like, do keep in touch. I'll try to keep the jersey kids blog updated as much as possible.
xoxo!

1 comment:

Gerben en Julie said...

I am sorry to hear that!! I liked your stories and pictures...I hope you have a great summer with your kids...
are you planning on getting another job after the summer or is that too soon to tell?
Julie