Saturday, July 11, 2009

Heading West



Last week I headed west to Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota for my world-wind of dairy farm stops. The weather was wonderful, except my last day as storms were comin' in and I was in a hurry to get out of the I-29 corridor before I saw hail. Thankfully, my trip was smooth sailing...over 1700 miles were logged, but this gal isn't complaining.

I love, I think, that driving allows you to have time to think. I say I think I love this because too much...can be well too much thinking about one subject or your mind goes places it shouldn't go.

I loved though seeing the country side. Up north in the plain states, the crops look awesome, esp. compared to ours in the Quad Cities. I loved seeing all the crops and farms and when I came back, Tyler wanted to hear all about it. "Tell me everything," he said. "List all the equipment, all the crops and all the farms." I love it, but I'm sure I didn't do the trip justice. I took a few pictures because this trip was for other purposes, not stories or photo opportunities. Anyhow, the Jersey men were disappointed that I didn't have more photos to share. This one, is from a farm in western Minnesota that milks a bunch of cows. This parlor is a 88-stall carousel. Pretty impressive, I might say!

Finally, big kuddos goes out to Scott and my MIL Wanda for taking such good care of the kids and house while I was gone! Awe, its so rewarding to leave the kids in good hands. Thanks!

No comments: