Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Farm Help

I cant think of any better way than to raise my kids on the farm. AND...even as a kid, I told myself that I'd NEVER marry a dairy farmer and work on a dairy farm...well, obviously, now Im eating crow!!

Just seeing the stars in Tyler's eyes when we drive down the lane to the farm or the excitement in his voice, when I tell him we are going to the farm. "I go drive tractors, mix feed, feed calves, play with pup-dog..." and the list goes on and on. He is all boy, farm boy too!!! AND...he loves the farm, helping out and being one of the farm help. I don't think that any of the other Bohnert men or hired help mind having him around. They all treat him as if he punches a time clock and brings a brown bag lunch to the farm. He is an extra set of hands...and although now, he might make the chore process take longer...in a few years, I think he'll be leading the pack w/ ambition and know-how. Definitely music to his daddy's ears....makes me smile too.



1 comment:

IJK said...

It is great to find another dairy blog. I have one at http://musecrafters.com/kelleysdairy/
Come check mine out I have lots of photos of grandkids and cows and such.
Cheerily
IJK